Who We Are
The ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board plays an important role in ensuring the safety and quality of goods and services and in protecting the environment.
We accredit testing and calibration labs, inspection and certification bodies, reference material producers, and proficiency test providers. You wouldn't want to be treated by a doctor who isn't board certified in her specialty, or send your child to a college that isn't accredited, would you? Like those accrediting bodies, we conduct audits to make sure our clients follow international standards and are competent to do their work.
ACLASS director of accreditation Dr. Bill Hirt discusses the benefits of accreditation.
ACLASS provides accreditation for ISO/IEC 17025 for testing and calibration laboratories, ISO/IEC 17020 for inspection bodies, ISO Guide 34 for reference material producers, and ISO/IEC 17043 for proficiency testing providers. ACLASS also provides ISO 17025 training and training on other topics.
ACLASS is internationally recognized by ILAC, APLAC, and IAAC as a signatory of multilateral recognition arrangements that facilitate acceptance of test and calibration data internationally.
ACLASS is one of three brands of the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board, a non-profit, non-governmental organization that provides accreditation services to public- and private-sector organizations and is jointly owned by the American National Standards Institute and the American Society for Quality.
FQS, another ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board brand, provides accreditation for ISO/IEC 17025 forensic test agenices and ISO/IEC 17020 forensic inspection agencies.
ANAB, another ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board brand, is the U.S. accreditation body for ISO/IEC 17021 management systems certification bodies. ANAB has accreditation programs for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 22000, ANSI/AIHA Z10, CSA Z1000, BS OHSAS 18001, ISO 28000, ISO/IEC 20000-1, RIOS, e-Stewards, R2, UECQ QC 08000, ASIS SPC.1, BS 25999-2, NFPA 1600, and numerous industry-specific requirements.
ANSI enhances U.S. global competitiveness and quality of life by promoting, facilitating, and safeguarding the integrity of the voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system. ANSI is the official U.S. representative to the International Organization for Standardization and, via the U.S. National Committee, the International Electrotechnical Commission.
ASQ is the world's leading authority on quality. With more than 100,000 members, ASQ advances learning, quality improvement, and knowledge exchange to improve business results, and to create better workplaces and communities worldwide. ASQ offers technologies, concepts, tools, and training.
The ACLASS-FQS-ANAB-ANSI-ASQ portfolio covers the spectrum of conformity assessment accreditation. In addition to the ACLASS, FQS, and ANAB programs, it includes ANSI programs for ISO/IEC 17024 personnel certifiers, ISO/IEC 17065 product certifiers, and ISO/IEC 14065 greenhouse gas verifiers.
Our mission is to be a leader in guiding the international development of accreditation processes that build confidence and value for stakeholders worldwide and providing high quality and reliable accreditation services with the most professional value-added services for customers and end users.
The ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board:
- Is committed to being a value-added, competent, and cost-effective provider of accreditation of conformity assessment services to national and international standards with the highest integrity and in a timely manner.
- Will advance international acceptance of conformity assessment by maintaining mutual recognition arrangements.
- Will provide its customers the best accreditation and assessment services possible while helping its customers and other interested parties focus on achieving and providing value.
- Will provide its employees a satisfying work environment that encourages teamwork and high performance.
The ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board judges its quality policy is met by:
- Continually improving customer satisfaction.
- Establishing metrics to improve service to customers and operational performance.
- Maintaining rigorous, independent, impartial, and transparent processes.
- Planning and developing new programs and services that help our customers be responsive to market demands.
- Ensuring effective and timely communication to customers and other interested parties.
- Signing appropriate mutual recognition arrangements.
- Participating and providing appropriate leadership in national, international, and industry forums.
- Respecting our personnel and having confidence they will deliver services that meet or exceed customer expectations; providing a safe, open team working environment, equal opportunity commensurate with demonstrated abilities and performance, and competitive compensation; and encouraging personal and professional growth consistent with organizational goals.
- Providing effective strategic, operational, and financial stewardship to ensure the health of the organization.
- Conforming to ISO 9001 and appropriate requirements of other management system standards to fulfill expectations.